Friday, May 11, 2012

Avenging Spider-Man 007


Things start out with the duo subduing some sewer creature followed by Spider-Man getting rejected for a date that was really more of an excuse for a meal. But Spider-Man is not one to take no for an answer when it comes to his stomach so he follows She-Hulk to her exhibit. There he finds some shady looking girls sneaking into the exhibit and decides to take a peek. She-Hulk notices the same and they quickly take down the sneaks.
But that is where things get a bit wonky. All in all, I really enjoyed this issue. She-Hulk sprouts a tail at one point in the story and the writing, in combination with the art just makes it so you cannot help but smile.


My only real gripe is how the zany nature of the story bleeds into the action for one scene. A bus T-bones into a significantly smaller vehicle and well...

Kind of outside my comfort zone for action scenes. I prefer a bit more realism when seeing things go crash and/or boom.
It is not a great issue but it is really well done for a casual read. If you are the type of person that really enjoyed Power Girl V2 when the original creative team was on it, this is most certainly an issue that fits your needs. I have always been a fan of Spider-Man because of the quips but I have not always been a fan of his various series. In closing, get this issue if you need a break from the dark, edgy comics that seem to be everywhere at the moment. This was a breath of fresh air for me and I hope it will be for you as well.

I give this issue a 4.2/5. An absolute joy for casual fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment